Why Do I need a over the phone or a in person Consultation?
Because a portrait session in my studio is a custom personal experience. In order to help you get the exact kind of session you are looking for, I need more information from you.I want to hear what you have on mind and what would you do with the images so I can offer my best products that fits your needs. Consultations are meant to break that ice between the photographer and the client and help you to decide if I am a good match for you as a service provider.
What’s your reschedule policy?
I do not charge a penalty for weather (in case of snow) or illness-related rescheduling. Please do not bring yourself or a sick child to your session!.
I will gladly reschedule your session for the next available date. The session fee is not refundable is you decide to cancel your session for any other reason previous 72 hrs. of your session.
Do you schedule sessions on weekends?
Yes, I do, I only schedule one saturday per month per special cleints’s request. There is a 100 extra fee for scheduling during weekends . Please contact me for more information.
Preparing for your session
What should I wear for my or my family session?
Depending on the vision for your photos. If you want relaxed photos, come in your favorite everyday outfit. More formal? Go for a new dress or coordinating outfits. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s something you love wearing! When coordinating your outfits, I recommend not all wearing the same thing, but instead choosing like colors and mixing it up. Wondering what colors to choose? Here are some ideas –
- Black is the most flattering color especially if you have a curvy shape body.
- Match your eye color. You’d be surprised how much this can do for your eyes!
- Look around your house at where you would like to hang the photos, like your living room, and match the colors of your outfits to your decorations so that your photos will coordinate with your house.
- When in doubt, neutral colors and earth tones always photograph well.
What should I bring to my family session?
- Snacks for young children
- Your child’s lovey or favorite stuffed animals/toys (go with it… it is something you will want to remember later!)
- If yours is an outdoor session, please use bug spray. We may go into fields and areas that have ticks and mosquitos.
What can I do to ensure my session goes well?
- The most important thing you can do is relax. Children will be stressed if you are stressed (even newborns can sense stress). We will have plenty of time to get great photos. Think of this as two hours you get to spend having fun family time.
- Be prepared to be a goober. I love it when parents bring out their inner silly to help their children smile and laugh. Don’t be surprised to find that I am a total goober, too.
- Avoid the “cheese” word. Saying “cheese” makes an unnatural smile. I want to capture smiles that come from their core and radiate into their eyes. We will get them.
- Let me know what your children’s favorite things are – toys, tv shows, hobbies, etc. I love to talk about these things with them during the session.
- Remember that our goal is not to capture perfection, but instead, a perfect representation of who your children are at this point in time. I want your photos to help you tell a story to your children years from now.
Price and Products
Why are your prices higher than other photographers in the area?
Because my services and final products are meant to give you and your family the best experience at being photographed. From the consutation to the delivery of your photographs is all about you and your vision. A vision that turned into art that will stay in your home for generations.
When you book with my studio you will have access to my wardrobe, professional make up and hair, wardrobe style, in person wall design, delivery (in case of wall art) and installation, and all of that is included in your session fee.
I’m not interested in purchasing any prints, I just want the digital images?
The value is the same. For every image you buy, I will give you a beautiful professional print with its corresponding sized digital. If you don’t want the print, you can gift it to somebody special you love. The more images you buy the cheaper they get and you only buy what you love.
When I get the digitals, I am the owner of the pictures, right?
When a photographer creates an image, it is automatically copyrighted. These rights, given to the photographer or creator of the image by The Copyright Act, make it illegal for anyone else (even if you are in the image) to copy, scan, edit, print, or distribute digital or printed versions of the image without the photographer’s permission. This is a Federal Law and can be prosecuted as such. Illegally downloading, screen-capturing, watermark-removing, or altering of images is strictly prohibited… When you buy Our digital files, they come with a print release, not a copyright release. We still own the copyright to the images that you purchase, but you are free to take the images and get as many prints as you want according to the size you’ve purchased! But you may not edit the images in any way, let others use them for advertising (such as children’s clothing boutiques) or enter them into contests (like for Parenting magazine covers) without permission. If in doubt, just email me! I will usually grant permission with proper credit, of course. Please respect our work and livelihood. This is our business and the way we support our families and we ask that you take that into consideration.
When do I pay for my products ordered?
All products ordered at the Viewing session are to be paid the same day. We take cash, check or credit card and you will sign the Product order and given a copy before you leave. There is VA sales taxes of 6% that applies to all product orders. Every image purchased as a product will include his corresponding sized digital and they will be delivered the same day as online gallery. Due the custom nature of every printed product, sales are final.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Wall Art prints, Canvases and albums arrive within 2 weeks of ordering. When you buy a Folio box you will get your prints the same day and the digital images will be sent to you through a online gallery link.
Do you offer payments plans?
Yes, I do. We use Square Installments for payment plans. They will process a quick credit check so you can do your purchase and place your order without delays.
After the session
How long will it take for my photos to be ready to view?
Typically around 2 weeks. If you need to see them sooner, please let me know when you schedule your session. After 2 week of your session, We will meet at my studio for the Viewing and Ordering appointment. I will prepare a slideshow for you and load your retouched images to my special software.We will review together and select your favorites. I will predesign templates and wall galleries for your to see your favorite images. I will request from you to take a pictures of your empty walls with your cell phone so we can project the images in it.
How much retouching I can get in my photos?
I have a defined style in colors and mood in all my pictures. Basic retouching can be done easily and without incurring any extra expense. This include soften and color correct skin and remove blemishes on the faces and fix some flyaway hair.
As for more extensive retouching, we do offer the service for $25 per portrait.
Have more questions? Please email me directly. Thank you!